How have you been? Another month has come to an end and it was a pretty hectic one; I feel like I say this for every month these days but it’s true. Anyway, I want to apologise to y’all cause I’ve been kind of MIA for the past month; I haven’t been interracting as much as I would like but I PROMISE I’ll make it up to you next month!
Let’s talk about books now! This month I managed to read 6 books; even though it’s not much I’m very proud of me because I FINALLY finished reading 2 books I had started a couple of months ago!!
- Labyrinth Lost, by Zoraida Cordova: I am so mad at this book. I am mad because the first 100 pages or so were so bad it made me almost DNF it. And after the 100 pages? PHENOMENAL! I will be definitely reviewing this one so stay tuned!
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters, by Laini Taylor: FINALLY READ IT AND IT WAS GLORIOUS! I had 309 pages left and I decided that March is the month. You guys, I have no words. I know I talk about this series all the time and you’re getting tired of listening to me ramble but THIS CONCLUSION IS SO MAGICAL! I love everything about it: the WRITING, the characters, the plot -THE PLOT WAS AMAZING AND SO MANY NEW THINGS WERE EXPLORED AND AAAHHHH!- and the messages the story sends are so important. You should know I’m an allegory freak, it must be my Greekness showing, so whenever there’s a story with allegoric meanings and messages I instantly fall in love.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 || GoodReads
- The Faerie War, by Rachel Morgan: Finsihed the Creepy Hollow Trilogy this month and it was good. Nothing mindblowing or super exciting, but a pretty solid conclusion. The thing I didn’t like is that it was so rushed. There were so many plot lines running and so many loose theads but so little pages. The author was wrapping up subplots that were so important and had such premise, so quickly and it just irked me. Anyway, solid conclusion as I said, but I won’t be continuing with the universe.
🌟🌟🌟.25 || GoodReads
- The Love Coupon, by Ainslie Paton: This was a controversial read for me. I really liked the plot and the characters and the story in general, but I couldn’t connect with the writing style at all. This made me feel disconnected to everything in the story and took away from the reading experience. I have a full review up if you’d like to see more of my thoughts!
🌟🌟🌟.5 || GoodReads
- King Lear, by Shakespeare: King Lear is the first Shakspearian play I’ve ever read and I really enjoyed it. I understand why Shakespeare is so incredibly hyped. Now the only thing left is to watch King Lear on stage and get the full experience.
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte: I read this for one of my classes as well, and really enjoyed it, as well (heh). I’m actually thinking of reviewing it, but since I don’t generally review classics on my blog, I don’t know if seeing something like that would be interesting to you. Please let me know!
🌟🌟🌟🌟 || GoodReads
Some quick stats:
Total books: 6
Pages Read: 2.211
Genres read: YA urban fantasy, romance, classics
Average Rating: 3,9
Films/ TV Series:
- I’m almost done with This is Us Season 2 and I can officially say that this second season is even better than the first one and has destroyed me emotionally. I am dead inside you guys *screams into the void* EPISODE 14 *ugly cries*
- The only film I watched during March is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2018). It was extremely dark and discussed some really heavy topics. I loved Frances McDormand’s performance!!!
Aaaaand that’s all I watched during March. I will try to step up my film watching game next month cause I’m so behind.
March was a good month for my blog! I managed to post 17 posts! Amongst them were:
- 4 Series I Won’t Be EVER Finishing! *I’m way too good at goodbyes*
- The MOST intimidating books on my TBR!
2 book reviews:
- Book Review: I Believe in a Thing Called Love, by Maurene Goo || K-DRAMAS AND ADORABLENESS
- Book Review: The Love Coupon Ainslie Paton!
- Tag Friday! Book Blogger Insider Tag!
- Tag Friday! My Name in TBR Books!
- Tag Friday! Harry Potter Spells Book Tag!
Last, my last months wrap up as well as my seasonal wrap up for winter!: