Another month has come to an end (summer is here?!?!). and it was……pretty uneventful.
During May I managed to read…..
ONE (1) BOOK!
You heard that correctly I read 1 whole book. I am such a LEGEND!
I’m not disappointed though, cause I know I can’t always be in the mood. Reading slumps exist, and unfortunately they visit me quite often. Anyway let’s see the book I read!
Forest of a Thousand Lanterns, by Julie C. Dao: FOATL is a retelling of the origin story of the Evil Queen. It is a very dark and twisted read that makes you root for the villain and sympathise with her struggles. What I liked the most is that even though I sympathised with Xifeng, I did not excuse her behaviour; yet I STILL liked her and wanted her to get what she wanted, and that is the element that in my opinion makes a villain story good: knowing that the villain is bad and still rooting for them.
I have a full spoilery free review up here for more feelings and thoughts!!!
TV Shows / Films
Reading wise May, may not have been the best, but it sure was a good month for my binge watching. Let’s take a look on what I watched during the month of May:
- Doctor Strange (2016): In preparation for Infinity War I watched the last Marvel movie I had left. Doctor Strange was a pretty good movie. I wouldn’t put in my top Marvel films though.
- Infinity War (2018): I AM DEATH. that’s all
- The Kissing Booth (2018): The hype got to me. I’ve been seeing the Kissing Booth EVERYWHERE, so I decided to give it a go and it was not as bad as I expected.
- She’s All That (1999): The thing with high school drama films is that they’re like chips: you can never have just one!!!! After finishing the Kissing Booth I craved more so here I am. This one was pretty average though and full of so many stereotypes I hate. The male MC’s acting skills which were missing, didn’t really help me like it.
- Dear White People season 2: The second season aired during May and ofc I binge watched it in 2 days?!?!?! This second season was a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit less good than the first, but still pretty epic! If you haven’t started this show DO. IT!
- Shameless season 7 (half): A couple of months ago I started season 7 and watched half of it. For some reason I left it, and this month I thought I’d continue and I got to say, season 7 has to be one of my favs!
- La Casa de Papel season 1: Last but not least, La Casa de Papel! I’M SO GLAD I STARTED THIS SERIES BECAUSE IT IS SO GOOD AND IF YOU LOVE HEIST STORIES GO WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!
I went overboard this month oops. And then I wonder why I didn’t read more books. Figures.
As well as a reading slump, this month I also fell into a blogging slump which made me miss a lot of posts. However, I managed to post a few good ones:
- 5 TV Series I’ve Been Recommended (and have yet to watch cause apparently that’s who I am as a person)
- Book Review: The Cruel Prince, by Holly Black! || I join the hype train
- Tag Friday! Norse Mythology Book Tag!
- Tag Friday! The GoodReads Book Tag!
- Tag Friday! The Hogwarts Tag!
- Waiting on Wednesday #15: Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix!
- Waiting on Wednesday #14: Monday’s Not Coming!